HSA Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSA Accounts

Will my discharged Chpt 7 effect me using the HSA at my new job? I know it is set up through a bank. My employer deposits the money each month. Is credit even a factor with an HSA??

I have an HSA, but before I can answer you questions, I need a little more information.

When and how was the HSA created? Do you have a health insurance policy? Those are the big questions. If you answer those, then I can get back with a little more helpful info.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

An HSA usually is a tax free spending account for Health Insurance that is a catastrophe "no frills" insurance. It can only be used for prescriptions and copayments and anything medical except over the counter stuff. Now normally it is a valid asset, and I have heard it could be taken, but you would have the taxes to pay and penalty. Now since your employer has set this up, in your name, I would assume it is his money and not touchable. I am punting at this one and hoping 'des' can chime in with real advice. Mrs. is researching it. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I was waiting for OP to answer a couple of questions, then I could proceed, but he/she seems to have dropped offline. Perhaps he/she is going through their paperwork?
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X